Spiritual Doodles and Mental Leapfrogs
By Katherine Q. Revoir
Red Wheel/Weiser, Newburyport, MA
With a whimsical sense of fun and fancy that reveals a much more serious quest to integrate your conscious and subconscious selves, Katherine Revoir has created a humorous playbook full of exercises and games that help you to nurture your wildest creativity, awaken your heart's passion, and doodle your way to enLIGHTENment.
Spiritual Doodles and Mental Leapfrogs is a playground of experiences that uses both the right and left sides of the brain as well as the heart to reawaken your sense of awe, creativity, and expand your spiritual self-discovery. Spiritual leaders from various cultures and wisdom traditions say in different ways that we are ALWAYS connected with Spirit, and our awareness is the only thing that stands between ourselves and the connection that we seek.
The book begins with an exercise designed to access inner guidance, creating a pathway for finding your own unique formula for self-expression. Over fifty playful exercises (called plexercises) help celebrate your individual creative self-expression while planting seeds and tending the garden of your life purpose.
And now for the BEST part: lack of art training is a bonus!
Click here for testimonials and excerpts from Spiritual Doodles & Mental Leapfrogs
Create! A Sketchbook and Journal is out of print, but if you click here, it will take you to Amazon.com where you can purchase it used.
Check with the bookseller to see if there is writing on the pages, as it is an interactive book.
Create! A Sketchbook and Journal
By Katherine Q. Revoir
Chronicle Books, San Francisco, CA
CREATE! is an interactive adventure that encourages kids to be as silly and creative as they like. Although this activity book was designed for kids between the ages of 7-14, it is also widely enjoyed by adults, as it focuses on our natural desire and ability to create.
You can sketch, write, draw, paste, doodle in the margins — create any way you want! This journal of fun-filled activities and eight colored pencils gives kids a great place to let their imaginations run free, and there is lots of encouragement and inspiration along the way.
A few examples of the play exercises are:
- Imagine you’re a superhero and write about how you would save the world.
- Design your own decorative stamps.
- What are you most grateful for? Make a list.
- Design an underwater house.
- Make up a new TV show and design the costumes and the story.
Here is the introduction of CREATE!
- What is this journal and sketchbook all about?
- Having fun
- Using your imagination and being WILDLY creative with drawing and writing
- Remembering that when it comes to expression, you can’t get it wrong!
- Having lots of fun. You are the boss of your book.
- Not worrying for one little minute about speeling errurs or what others might think about your drawing or writing.
- Knowing that what you create here is just for yourself, and sharing it is optional.
- HAVING MORE FUN!
- Using these colored pencils and your own favorite art supplies. You can also cut out photos and glue them into your book.
“This activity book, CREATE! A Journal and Sketchbook, is different from others I have seen… it doesn’t just list the usual ‘diary’ type questions. The entries are very creative… My daughter is almost through with this book and I’m looking forward to the next one.”
– Hal Zina Bennett, author of over 20 books on spirituality